Boss MR30 2-Way Marine Box Speaker
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $44.18
- Amount Saved: $54.82
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- POWER HANDLING, PEAK 200W
- MAGNET STRUCTURE, 40 Oz; IMPEDANCE 4 or 8 OHM; FREQUENCY RESPONSE, 40HZ-20KHZ
- SPL 1 WATT/1 METER, 94dB; CONE MATERIAL, POLY
- VOICE COIL, 1-Inch ALUMINUM; TWEETER 1-Inch MYLAR DOME; GRILLES, METAL
- FERRO FLUID ENHANCED
- Car Audio
- Boss Audio MR30 White Box Speakers.
- These enclosed speaker systems incorporate all the water resistant technology of our other marine speakers: composite polymer frames, polypropylene cones, rubber surrounds and coated leads.
- With audio performance you would expect from a high end home speaker you can mount these in any marine location.
Cone – Poly Injection
Polyurethane, categorized as a polymer, is a resilient, flexible, and durable manufactured material that can take the place of paint, cotton, rubber, metal, or wood in thousands of applications across virtually all fields. It can be hard like fiberglass, squishy like upholstery foam, protective like varnish, bouncy like rubber, or sticky like glue. In the specific case of our cones, this material allows for maximum flexibility that produces great sounding speakers lasting you a long, long time.
Surround – Rubber
Rubber is a synthetic (man made) material and is valued for its chemical inertness, impermeability to air, and the ability to endure or resist exposure to the many types of weather fronts. Rubber has applications from sports equipment to automotive parts, the medical industry and more. We use them for the surrounds that connect the cone to the basket. Did you know that most modern chewing gum uses food-grade rubber as the central gum base, which contributes not only the gum's elasticity but an obstinate, sticky quality? Just like that chewing gum, the rubber surround in our speakers can take the equivalent amount of abuse without quitting on you.
Voice Coil – Aluminum
One of the most abundant elements on earth, aluminum is remarkable for its low density and for its ability to resist corrosion. It is nonmagnetic (does not have any magnetic properties) and does not easily ignite. This solid material has the ability to perform under stress in both high tension and high compression environments.Aluminum is relatively soft, making it one of the more ideal materials to use in voice coils.
Tweeter – Mylar Dome
Mylar is the brand name for a special type of stretched polyester film/plastic sheet manufactured in a range of different styles, finishes, and thicknesses. Generally, the dome tweeter is a step up from the semi-dome tweeter, primarily because of improved sound dispersion. The dome shape radiates sound with a wider dispersion pattern than the semi-dome design. Since high-frequency sound waves are very directional, a wider dispersion of the sound waves will give you a larger "sweet spot" to work with when setting up your system.
- 5.25 inch two-way Marine box speaker
- Tweeter: 1 inch
- Peak power: 200 Watts
- RMS power: 100
- Impedance: 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB 1 W @ 1 Meter
- Voice coil: 1 inch
- Grills: Metal
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 6.1 x 4.6 inches; 8.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8.2 pounds
- ASIN: B0009JUQY2
- Item model number: MR30
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews